Thursday 19 May 2011

What Shall I Watch?

There is an opening this coming Sunday for me to hog my home TV system and watch one of my Blu-Ray discs in all its glory, then follow that up with a review here on the blog (as soon as I can anyway!). However I'm not sure which of the Blu-Rays on 'the pile' to watch so I'm going to ask YOU which you'd prefer me to choose from the list below of films I've never seen!

The list in alphabetical order...
  • 14 Blades - Donnie Yen in Ming Dynasty China takes on the evil Jia to return the Emperor to power (subtitled)
  • The Expendables - Action heroes Sly, Statham, Li, Lungdgren et al take on a Latin American dictator!
  • The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - first in Stig Larsson's thriller trilogy (subtitled or dubbed)
  • Green Zone - Matt Damon searches for WMDs in Baghdad and discovers a web of conspiracy and murder!
  • Hunt to Kill - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in a "bone-snapping bullet-blasting, ass-kicking action/thriller" !
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Nick Cage as a modern day sorcerer in Manhattan enlists a new, young recruit
It can be because you like/dislike it and want to see what I think of it, because you want to see my review before you consider buying it or even just because you think I'd enjoy it (or hate it and you want me to suffer!). Any reason is fine and you don't even have to tell me why you've made that selection if you don't want to... though of course you can!

Select one, put them in order or even tell me which one(s) you don't want me to see... all input is welcome.

Make your choice by leaving a comment on this post and the most common request wins!!!

Thanks in advance for input... let the comments commence.

5 comments:

  1. Can I request which one I don't want you to watch? The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I might not be a Nick Cage fan but the story sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah sorcerers apprentice for me

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Expendables, The Sorcerer's Apprentice

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Info & votes from Facebook:
    F/book Vote) Expendables followed by 14 Blades

    Info) Vote 1 to not watch Sorcerer's Apprentice is my lovely wife... this means a) the request has a certain "importance" ;) and b) the reason means I will be able to watch it when I don't have the 'home rig' all to myself and we can watch it together so anyone who voted for that hopefully I'll do that quite soon anyway!

    Alternative voting is still available... I have to get up on Sunday morning before I watch and that takes some time!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to disagree (the reviews are just my personal opinion after all) or correct technical points - all constructive criticism welcome. I also accept praise if you actually like what I've written :)